Friday Recruiting Roundup: Theo Johnson Sets Decision Date

Recruiting

Welcome back to this weeks recruiting roundup. Every week, The Wolverine Lounge will be here to give you all the latest news in Michigan recruiting.

Here’s this week’s installment:

4-Star TE Announces Decision Date

One of the biggest fish in the 2020 pond, Theo Johnson (ON.) announced on Twitter that he will be announcing his commitment on November 18th.

This is two days after his visit to Ann Arbor for the Wolverines’ showdown with in-state rival Michigan State and could signify that Michigan is still high on his list. The top ranked player in Canada also has offers from Iowa, Georgia, and Penn State.

2021 DT Declares Top 5

4-Star DT Victory Vaka (Calif.) announced his top 5 on Twitter  this week and Michigan was in it along with LSU, Texas A&M, Utah and Arizona State.

Vaka has yet to visit Michigan this season but has been in contact with Jim Harbaugh and his staff since the contact period opened on September 1st.

He currently has no 247 Crystal Ball Projections and is ranked as the no. 189 player overall, the no. 14 defensive tackle and the no. 17 player in California.

2020 OL Confirms Visit

3-Star OT James Pogorelc (VA.) has confirmed that he will be taking an unofficial visit to Michigan on November 16th when Michigan takes on Michigan State .

“Flight booked”, said the 6-foot-7, 260 pound tackle who has already taken an unofficial visit to Stanford. Currently all of his 247 Crystal Balls are in favor on the Cardinal.

247 ranks Pogorelc as the no. 475 player overall in the 2020 class, the no. 35 OT and the no. 11 player in Virgina.

4-Star CB Changes Visit

2020 4-Star cornerback Darion Green-Warren (Calif.) was originally planning on being in Ann Arbor for The Game on November 30th, but has since to 247Sports Greg Biggins that his plans have changed and that he will be visiting Michigan on December 6th instead.

Green-Warren took an official visit to USC last weekend and currently has 88% of his Crystal Balls in favor of the Trojans with the other 12% in favor of Oklahoma. He will also be taking a visit to Penn State the weekend after he visits Michigan.

The Southern California prospect is ranked by 247 as the no. 209 player overall, the no. 13 CB and the no. 20 player in California.

 

 

 

Comments are closed for this post.